Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!


I made my Dearest a card for Valentine's day. (Why can't I figure out how to use this photo up loader right?) This is the inside of the card. I attached the hearts to the cardstock with thread and yarn so that they can be removed later, if desired. The inside heart was crocheted using this free pattern from PlanetJune.

A closer view of the inside of the card. As you can see, my calligraphy skills aren't much better than my embroidery skills. But after all, it's the thought that counts, right?
And finally, here is the front of the card. His nickname for me has always been "My Lamb" so this stamp was perfect! The amigurumi-style hearts were crocheted using this free pattern from CRAFTYisCOOL. Aren't they the cutest?

This day promises to be a very special day for my Dearest. We are leaving early this morning to pick up his oldest daughter from the airport. They've never met before, (long story there, and not mine to share without permission) and in fact, he never knew about her until just before last Easter. She's bringing her youngest with her to visit with us for a week. Our hearts are overflowing right now with excitement and joy.

I hope your day is one of loving warmth and happiness! Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

glor said...

What a darling card, I know it will be loved. And what an amazing day ahead of you both. Blessings to all. Happy Valentine's Day.