Sunday, February 27, 2011

Baby, Baby, Baby....


I'm so excited! My garden is starting to recover from the harsh winter freeze we had. Not all of my plants will come back, but this one definitely is still going, and has it's first blossom of the year. I've had this plant for over three years now, and while I can't remember the name of it, I love it just the same!

I made another baby set today, this time using a different pattern! Are you surprised? I found this little baby set on the RedHeart.com website, and making it was really different. The sweater is made on one piece, but the bonnet and booties both required separate part, and sewing together. The booties were really fiddly and I'm not sure right now if I would make them again.

I originally planned on using ribbon for the ties, and had bought a spool of it just for that use, but once I opened it and used it on the sweater, I didn't like it, so I crocheted all the ties for the bonnet, sweater and booties. The yarn is Caron Simply Soft in both Baby Brights Ombre, and White. I used a H (5.0mm) hook You can find the free pattern here. The pattern says that it is for a 0-6 months old baby, but the baby in the photo looks much older. Fortunately, the set once crocheted looks to be the right size for a newborn.

I found out yesterday that I can crochet for 6 babies now. No, I'm not expecting 3 more grand babies, my wonderful Aunt Mary asked if I would make some for her, and I joyously agreed. She and my Uncle David helped fill my childhood with such happy memories, that I'm so glad to be able to do something for her in return.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend filled with warmth and peace!

1 comment:

glor said...

Oh beautiful! How nice to make some for your aunts and uncle. All recipients will be overjoyed for sure.