Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New Angel Rosebud Baby Set!

I finally finished the new Angel Rosebud Baby Set that my cousin asked for. For awhile there, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do it. If you read my last post, you'll recall that I couldn't find the pattern for the little rosebud wreath that I put on the shoes. Apparently I didn't write it down when I made them, so I had to start from scratch. I'm not sure if the new wreath I came up with is as good as the original, but I think it's pretty darn close.

And the good news is, this time I wrote the pattern down!!! So without further ado, I present the newest Angel Rosebud Baby set.


We begin with the hat. This time, I didn't use the Newborn Shelly Hat found here. I used a pattern I wrote myself. (I also wrote down the pattern for the rosebuds and leaves I used, I'm so proud of myself!)



I used Heartfelt Angels - Angel Shell Dress pattern for the baby dress, again with the addition of the rosebuds and leaves. I changed the pattern again, too, opting to use ties to close it instead of the buttons as I didn't feel up to braving another visit to the store for buttons.



Here's the complete set. I think it's pretty, I hope my cousin does, too.


Last, but not least, the baby shoes that I agonized so much over. I love the pattern for the shoes itself, it really lives up to it's name, Easy Baby Shoes, and it can be found on Gardener's Ramblings blog here.

As I mentioned before, I remembered to write down the pattern I used for the rosebud wreath for these baby shoes. I feel so good about that.

Now I have to wait to see if my cousin likes the way this set turned out. She requested the colors, and I should have asked her if she wanted dark brown or light brown, but I took the chance and used the light brown I had in my stash. If she doesn't like it, I can always make her another set with dark brown, and donate this set IF I don'[t get any new granddaughters this year!

Happy hooking!

2 comments:

glor said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I know your cousin is goving to love it.

Anonymous said...

I bet she will love it. It's so precious.