Sunday, March 20, 2011

Adventures In Crochet Design - Part Deux


I'm now on row 23, and haven't had to frog the whole thing completely since yesterday. *Knock on wood.* I think the cape is coming along nicely. I don't dare crochet more than a couple more rows until I talk with my great-aunt again to find out some finishing details. I don't know for sure how long she wants this, or if she wants arm slits or not. I do like the way it's turning out, but would love to hear your opinion.


Also, I promised these update photo's ages ago, and haven't made it outside to get photo's yet, so I settled for a very wrinkled blue sheet as my back drop instead. This is the jacket from the newborn Blue Leisure set I made a couple of weeks ago, I am not the happiest with the way the button loops look, I will not use this method again.

I'm not very fond of sewing, either, so buttons are always the last thing on my 'To-Do' list.


This is a dainty newborn girl sweater that I finished the other day. I found the free pattern here.

And last but not least, I FINALLY finished the (not so) giant granny square baby blanket that is part of the Angel Baby Set I made. I'm so pleased with the way it turned out.

What about you? What are your plans for today? Me, I'm going to work a couple more rows on the cape and then maybe get out into the garden for a little weeding. I'm making spinach gnocchi for our evening meal, and that takes quite a bit of time and effort. Homemade gnocchi is so very worth it, though.

I tried to get some photo's of last nights Super Moon, but chose the wrong camera to use, so they didn't come out the best, but that's ok. I'm thrilled to be celebrating spring!

Happy Spring to you. I'm wishing you loads of new green growing things to bring you hope and joy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a gorgeous post. Everything in it is just amazing. I love the little outfits and the cape is going to be very pretty. I can't wait to see it finished.

glor said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Everything is beautiful ... the shawl - now that's a wow! Great work.

BalatongTNC said...

I love that sweater... soo adorable! The cape is looking great.

Unknown said...

Awww all the baby stuff is SO cute!!!! The little sweater is adorable.

What will I be doing? Finishing off work, trying to edit up a crochet tutorial video, having dinner with a friend (grilling out on a wonderful spring day!), and then perhaps a walk and some crochet.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.