Saturday, March 19, 2011

Adventures In Crochet Design - Part One


I'm on the third frog of this cape that I'm trying to design. (For those of you who aren't familiar with crochet, frog or frogging is the term many of us use when we have to undo the work we have done, or 'rip-it' 'rip-it'.)

It's my own fault, I have no one else to blame. I can see this cape in my mind, and I know exactly how I want it to look. But did I ever stop and think of the stitches it would take, the increases or decreases needed to make it take that shape? N-o-o-o-o-o-o. And I know better! I really do.

So now before I take my hook and yarn in hand again, I'm thinking and planning. I've finally stopped to ask myself, what do I have to do here. It's a slow process, but it's getting there.

I think.

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! I know I am, despite the challenges and all the frogs around me!

3 comments:

Faith said...

I hear you loud and clear...the shawl...I started, frogged 3x now for various and sundry reasons...We shall persever...it will be a labor of love and beauty.

glor said...

Yup, totally understand but I know that you will design a fabulous shawl. Blessings to your weekend.

Unknown said...

I know that feeling - but you know that you can save some time by planning it out. It's hilarious because I just finished posting on my blog about lesson's learned then I read this *hehehe*