Thursday, April 07, 2011

Oh Dear!

When last I posted, I promised more photo's of my handmade books. I wanted to share pictures of the miniature books and book pins that I had made. Unfortunately, once I looked at them, I decided that I would be too embarrassed to share them, the photographs are too poor in quality.

Instead, I'm sharing another love of mine, dragons! I adore dragons, and have found myself making them in all sorts of mediums. (I'll have to get some photo's taken of some of my watercolor and pen and ink paintings, I know where they are, just need to find the energy to set them up.)

This is one of those miniature alchohol bottles, like you would get when flying on an airline? I covered it with polymer clay, way back in 2006, when I was really, really, REALLY into polymer clay, and before I figured out just how heavy polyclay is to pack up and move around the U.S. Now that we're retired, I may just drag that bag of clay out and start to play again. This is 'The Princess and the Dragon'.

Probably one of my most famous and popular crochet patterns, my Baby Snow Dragon. I can hardly believe that people are still making (and loving) them as much as I do. I've made them in all sizes, colors, and poses. This is one of my 'Dragon Family' sets.


Another polymer clay dragon, this was a big (if I remember correctly, about 9 inches in diameter) Dragon Orb. This was made for a gift.


Another gift for a special little girl, a crocheted Bed Dragon. I only made one of these, but I think I have the pattern shorthanded somewhere.


And one of my very first polymer clay dragons, Percy, sitting here glaring at the Blind Wizard. Both Percy and the Wizard are still around packed away somewhere.


I know I haven't been here much lately. I'm having some new health problems, I won't go into all the gory details, I'll just say that it doesn't leave me with much energy to do much of anything. I have two baby blankets all set up to be crocheted together, and when I can, I pick up my hook and yarn and work on them. I have two packages waiting to go to the post office, soon to be three, and I have photo's to share of what's in those packs, but I don't want to post them until they are sent and received. I feel like I'm so far behind in everything!

Oh yes, I promised the babies a big play time today, and hopefully will get some new pics of them to share with you, too.

Thanks for spending time with me, and all the loving thoughts you send my way!

2 comments:

BalatongTNC said...

OMG!!! You are so talented! I'm so jealous.

The Gingerbread Lady said...

Lots of beautiful pieces - you're so multicraftual! I love your handmade books, but I'd probably never bring myself to write a single word in them, they're far too pretty :-)