Sunday, April 10, 2011

ARGGGHHH

We've been without the internet for almost two hours now, and it's driving me crazy! Now, it's not as if I can't LIVE without the internet, mind you. It's more we all get into our little set routines, and when that routine is upset when there's nothing you can do about it, one tends to get a little ... irritated.

Sometimes when the internet goes 'out', there are things that you can do do to fix it by yourself. I've tried all those things, that was the first thing I did. After those self help thingies didn't work, and an hour went by, I had another idea.

**Please note, I have had a couple of cups of coffee by this time, so I can't claim to be dumb by being half asleep at the time.**

'I can call the cable company! Maybe they don't know that the internet is down in our area, it IS the middle of the night, I could be the only one in our area that's trying to use the internet, and thus the only one who knows it's down.'

Riiigghhtt.

Yeah, we have Vonage, a really great phone service at a great price... And you get it through the i.n.t.e.r.n.e.t.

Uh huh.

So I'll work on one of my crochet projects and that will keep me busy. Yes. Yes, very good idea, isn't it?

Unfortunately, I'm using patterns I have found on the internet, and no, I didn't print them out.

Sigh.

Is it Monday already?

***********************************************************************************

The above post was written earlier this morning. The internet ultimately was down for over four hours, and I had to do something to get my frustration out. Forgive my angst, please.

I feel much better now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*chuckles* I don't think people realize how much we rely on the internet until it's gone..... Glad you are up and running again :)