Friday, December 17, 2010

Granny Square Angels and Peppermint Bark







Life has been sweet around here today! My granddaughter and I made peppermint bark last night, and we've all been munching on it. I don't care for white chocolate, so we used dark chocolate, with just a little red and green candy melts swirled in for that "Christmas-y" appearance.





I also made three little Granny Square Angels for our Christmas Trees. I was a bit fooled by the title, 'Granny Squares'. I can crochet granny squares, they're easy and fast! But I was thrown by having to crochet around chenille stems for the wings, dress, halo and arms. The project took a while longer than I thought it would, but I'm quite pleased with the results.

Free Pattern for the Granny Square Angels can be found at Priscilla's Crochet.

No comments: